HAZELNUT & CHOCOLATE MUFFINS
Makes: 8 muffins
Nutrition: per portion 228 Kcal; Fat: 12,14 gr; saturated fats: 4,34 gr; monounsaturated fats: 5,62 gr; polyunsaturated fats: 1,23 gr; carbohydrates: 18,64 gr; Sugars: 7,62 gr; Fiber: 4,33 gr; Protein: 8,92 gr; Copper: 28% RDA; Vit. C: 44% of RDA.
Preparation & Cooking time: 60 mins
- 2 organic eggs
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 cup almond drink
- 1 tsp organic cider vinegar
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup organic hazelnut flour (i used this high protein hazelnut flour from Diese, but unfortunatly they have discontinued this product; you can find milled hazelnuts and use it as well)
- 3 tsp pea protein powder
- 1 tsp organic maca
- 1 handful of dried apricots (need to chop in small pieces)
- 5 squares of 70% dark chocolate (need to break them into small chunks)
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
Heat the oven to 180º C/356ºF.
Melt the coconut oil and add the whisked eggs, almond drink and cider vinegar. Mix well.
In a food processor, add the oats, apricots, hazelnut flour, pea protein, maca and baking powder. Just pulse a few times to blend.
Mix both until you get a smooth dough.
Pour onto a muffin tin, molding with your fingers.
Place the chocolate chunks in the muffins.
Cook it for 30 to 40 minutes.