Healthy Almond Pancakes
Makes: 8 pancakes
Nutrition: per pancake (w/ 1 tsp of honey): 156 Kcal; Fat: 10,48 gr; carbohydrates: 14 gr; sugar: 9,07 gr; fiber: 2,77 gr; Protein: 5,24; salt: 0,25 gr
Prep time & cooking time: 30 mins
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup or 60 gr of almond ground
- ½ cup of hazelnut flour (rich in protein, less fat, Diese® – product discontinued in PT) OR ¼ cup coconut flour & ¼ cup of corn flour or other gluten free flour.
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- Pinch of cinnamon and sea salt
- ¼ cup unsweetened hazelnut vegetable drink (i use ALPRO)
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract
- Olive oil or butter to sprinkle the pan for each pancake
- Honey to drizzle over the pancakes
- Fruit to decorate: banana or kiwi, grapes, berries, etc., and chopped hazelnuts
In a large bowl, combine the almond ground, hazelnut flour (or the coconut and GF flour mixture), cinnamon, baking powder and sea salt.
In other bowl add eggs, hazelnut milk and vanilla extract and whisk until smooth.
Add both mixtures (the batter is meant to get thin, but not totally liquid).
Heat a skillet on medium-low heat, drop the batter, one tablespoon at a time. Cook until the edges are dry. Flip over, cover, and cook until you get a caramel colour. Repeat until batter is all used.
TIP | Eat them at breakfast topped with fruit, natural yogurt and honey (steady here…avoid flooding the pancakes with honey as calories and sugars will go up!).
Delicious and steady energy for all morning when balanced properly with fresh fruits, low sugars and healthy fats.